Lesson Plan: It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s a Verb!
Your students will feel like verb superheroes after participating in some fun activities and games. Use Superman and other superheroes help your students in grades K-5 identify and interact with action verbs. The lesson plan includes an action verb chant, vocabulary lists, and more!
Get Students Actively Engaged in Learning Grammar
Our popular course Writing Well or Good Writing? An Educator’s Guide to Teaching Grammar is packed with fun and engaging ways to improve students’ writing and help them get hands-on with grammar. Simple tips and techniques address multiple learning styles and help ensure that your students communicate clearly and successfully.
Other courses you may like:
- Journaling and Creative Writing in the Elementary Classroom
- Preparing Students for College: Teaching Writing Across Content Areas
- Teaching Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum
- Teaching Writing to English Language Learners
- Teaching Research Writing in the Digital Age
Courses are self-paced, graduate-level, and available online. Browse our other professional development courses here.